OVERVIEW – #17 FINDLAY
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 87, #17 Findlay Oilers 81
RECORDS: Northwood (2-2), Findlay (1-3)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Men's Basketball earns big 87-81 win over No. 17 Findlay Monday night (November 18).
- Northwood started strong, leading by seven early in the game.
- Findlay came back to take the lead, going up 24-21.
- The Timberwolves fought back to take a 35-33 lead at halftime.
- NU shot 46.4 percent overall (13-28) while going 5-12 from 3-point range (41-7 percent).
- Findlay ended the opening 20 minutes at 48.0 percent overall (12-15) and 2-6 from beyond the arc (33.3 percent).
- The Oilers out-scored Northwood 7-4 from the foul line in the half.
- One of the key parts of the game came with Northwood leading 63-61 with eight minutes remaining.
- NU scored 11 of the next 13 points to take the biggest lead of the game at 74-63 with under four minutes remaining.
- Findlay responded with 10 of the next 12 points to cut the lead to three at 76-73 with 1:54 to go.
- The Timberwolves responded well to the Oiler push netting seven straight to get the advantage back to 10 at 83-73.
- Findlay got no closer than five over the final 1:11 of the game.
- Northwood was very efficient from the floor in the second half, shooting 58.6 percent overall (17-29) while going 4-10 from three (40.0 percent).
- The Oilers also were solid on offense in the final 20 minutes, shooting 50.0 percent both overall (15-30) and from 3-point range (5-10).
- Both teams got to the foul line a lot in second half – Findlay was 13-17 (76.5 percent) while Northwood finished 14-22 (63.6 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Findlay .491 (27-55), Northwood .526 (30-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Findlay .438 (7-16), Northwood .409 (9-22)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Findlay .690 (20-29), Northwood .621 (18-29)
- REBOUNDS: Findlay 34 (Six offensive), Northwood 35 (Seven offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Findlay 15/11, Northwood 15/11
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Trey McBride: 24 points, five rebounds two assists, three steals
- Ja'Kavien Lewis: 21 points, eight assists, two steals
- Jack Ammerman: 14 points, 4-9 from 3-point ranges
- Danny Kolp: 11 points, 10 rebounds
- Today's win was Northwood's first against a nationally ranked team since December 20, 2015 (104-87 win versus #23 Kentucky Wesleyan).
- The Timberwolves will travel to Malone Saturday (November 23). Game time is set for 4 p.m.