OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 93, Michigan Tech Huskies 59
RECORDS: Northwood (5-3, 1-1 GLIAC), Michigan Tech (6-2, 2-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: SDC Gymnasium – Houghton Mich.
RECAP: Men's basketball sees five-game winning streak come to an end in a 93-59 loss at Michigan Tech Saturday afternoon (December 7)
- The opening 10 minutes of the game were close, as the Huskies led 19-14 at the 9:45 mark.
- MTU's lead was 30-23 with 6:26 remaining when Michigan Tech took control of the game.
- Michigan Tech out-scored Northwood 17-2 over the final six minutes of the half to take a 47-25 lead at halftime.
- Northwood went 9-29 from the floor in the opening 20 minutes while making 2-9 from 3-point range.
- MTU was red-hot in the first half, finishing at 21-33 overall (63.6 percent). The Huskies were 9-12 from the floor in the 17-2 run to finish the half (75.0 percent).
- Michigan Tech scored the first six points of the second half and maintained control the remainder of the way.
- MTU's biggest lead of the day came with 5:26 remaining in the contest – an 84-47 edge.
- The Timberwolves did improve shooting wise in the second half, going 14-31 overall (45.2 percent).
- Michigan Tech had another big half on offense, shooting 64.5 percent overall (20-31) while connecting on 4-8 from beyond the arc.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .641 (41-64), Northwood .383 (23-60)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .467 (7-15), Northwood .211 (4-19)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .667 (4-6), Northwood .818 (9-11)
- REBOUNDS: Michigan Tech 33 (Six offensive), Northwood 30 (12 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 23/5, Northwood 6/13
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Michigan Tech 58, Northwood 32
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 15, Northwood 6
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Michigan Tech 8, Northwood 11
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will host Saginaw Valley Sunday (December 15). Game time is set for 6 p.m.