OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORE: Purdue Northwest Pride 76, Northwood Timberwolves 63
RECORDS: Northwood (7-6, 2-3 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (6-7, 1-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Westville, Ind.
RECAP: Purdue Northwest defeats Northwood men's basketball 76-63 Saturday afternoon (January 4).
- Northwood scored the opening four points of the game, but that proved to be their biggest advantage of the game.
- Late in the half, PNW went on a 13-3 run to take a 10 point lead at 30-20.
- The Pride advantage eventually was 32-25 at the break.
- NU struggled shooting the ball in the opening 20 minutes, going just 9-40 overall (22.5 percent).
- PNW ended the opening half at 44.4 percent (12-27)
- Northwood cut the lead down to 32-27 early in the second half, but that is when Purdue Northwest took over.
- The Pride methodically added to their lead, pushed the lead to 60-38 with 8:40 remaining.
- The Timberwolves made a late push, but got no closer than 11 in the final minutes.
- Northwood had a better half offensively in the second, going 11-28 after the break (39.3 percent).
- PNW's numbers in the second half shooting were similar to the first, going 16-34 (47.1 percent) from the floor.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .459 (28-61), Northwood .294 (20-68)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .444 (8-18), Northwood .313 (5-16)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .923 (12-13), Northwood .750 (18-24)
- REBOUNDS: Purdue Northwest 44 (15 offensive), Northwood 40 (21 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 18/21, Northwood 12/14
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Purdue Northwest 18, Northwood 28
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 17, Northwood 21
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Purdue Northwest 15, Northwood 20
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will host Ferris State Thursday night (January 9). Game time is set for 8 p.m.