OVERVIEW – #15 GRAND VALLEY STATE
SCORE: No. 15 Grand Valley State Lakers 62, Northwood 45
RECORDS: Northwood (8-8, 3-5 GLIAC), Grand Valley State (14-2, 7-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: GVSU Fieldhouse Arena – Allendale, Mich.
RECAP: A late first half push keys a 62-45 win for #15 Grand Valley State over Northwood men's basketball Thursday night (January 16).
- The game was close for the majority of the first half, with the score standing at 19-17 with 3:57 remaining.
- That is when GVSU finished the half with a big push, out-scoring the Timberwolves 15-2 the rest of the way to take a 34-19 lead at the break.
- The Lakers made their final four shots of the half to finish at 50.0 percent from the floor (12-24) and from 3-point range (3-6).
- NU was just 7-25 from the floor (28.0) overall and 3-11 from beyond the arc.
- Northwood had a good half offensively as well, shooting 17-30 overall (56.7 percent) while going 6-11 from beyond the arc (54.5 percent).
- While the Timberwolves had moments where it appeared they would get back into the game, the GVSU lead stayed above 13 the entire second half.
- The Lakers pushed their lead to as many as 24 before the Timberwolves scored the final seven points of the game make the final margin 17.
- Northwood improved its overall shooting in the second half, finishing at 37.0 percent (10-27). But the Timberwolves were just 2-15 from 3-point range (13.3 percent).
- Grand Valley State had similar second half numbers to Northwood, finishing at 37.5 percent overall (12-32) and 1-6 from beyond the arc (16.7 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Grand Valley State .429 (24-56), Northwood .327 (17-52)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Grand Valley State .429 (4-12), Northwood .192 (5-26)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Grand Valley State .625 (10-16), Northwood .500 (6-12)
- REBOUNDS: Grand Valley State 40 (13 offensive), Northwood 22 (Five offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Grand Valley State 12/18, Northwood 10/17
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Grand Valley State 32, Northwood 22
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Grand Valley State 14, Northwood 16
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Grand Valley State 8, Northwood 2
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will host Davenport Saturday (January 18). Game time is set for 6 p.m.