OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 68, Michigan Tech Huskies 63
RECORDS: Northwood (10-10, 5-7 GLIAC), Michigan Tech (14-6, 8-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood men's basketball rides big start to 68-63 win over Michigan Tech Saturday (January 30).
- The key part of the game came right at the start, as the Timberwolves came out fast. NU scored the opening 13 points of the contest over the first four minutes of the game.
- Northwood continued to maintain control in half, leading by as many as 23 (33-10).
- The Timberwolves eventually led 39-19 at the break.
- Northwood started the game 12-15 from the floor and ended the first half at 53.3 percent overall (16-30). NU also went 3-8 from 3-point range (37.5 percent) and 4-5 from the foul line (80.0 percent).
- Michigan Tech ended the opening 20 minutes at 28.6 percent (8-28) while going 2-11 from 3-point range (18.2 percent).
- Northwood pushed the lead to as many as 24 (45-21) before the Huskies began to rally back.
- MTU got within eight at 61-53 with 2:57 to go but did not get any closer until the closing seconds.
- The five point margin at the end of the game was as close as the Huskies were since the 18:20 mark of the first half.
- Michigan Tech shot 45.5 percent (15-33) in the second half and connected on 9-12 from the foul line (75.0 percent).
- Northwood fell back to 33.3 percent from the floor (9-27). The Timberwolves struggled from the foul line in the second half, going 8-18 (44.4 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .377 (23-61), Northwood .439 (25-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .304 (7-23), Northwood .375 (6-16)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .714 (10-14), Northwood .523 (12-23)
- REBOUNDS: Michigan Tech 38 (Eight offensive), Northwood 42 (Seven offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 7/14, Northwood 11/14
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Michigan Tech 24, Northwood 30
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 10, Northwood 18
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Michigan Tech 2, Northwood 2
- BENCH POINTS: Michigan Tech 25, Northwood 21
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ja'Kavien Lewis: 17 points, seven rebounds, five assists, five steals
- Trey McBride: 12 points, four rebounds, three steals
- Danny Kolp: Seven points, nine rebounds, five blocks.
- The Timberwolves will host Northern Michigan Saturday (February 1). Game time is set for 3 p.m.