OVERVIEW – #17 DAVENPORT
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 87, Davenport Panthers 81
RECORDS: Northwood (13-11, 8-8 GLIAC), Davenport (18-8, 10-6 GLIAC)
LOCATION: VanderLaan Arena – Grand Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood men's basketball battles but sees its five-game winning streak come to an end in a 74-70 loss at Davenport Thursday night (February 13)
- The Timberwolves led for nearly all of the opening 11 minutes of the game, opening up their biggest lead of the game at 20-12 with nine minutes remaining in the half.
- After scoring just 12 points in 11:46 minutes, the Panthers got rolling the remainder of the half. DU scored 21 in the final 8:14, allowing Davenport to finish the half with a 33-28 lead at the break
- Northwood finished the first half at 36.4 percent from the floor (12-33) while going 2-11 from 3-point range (18.2 percent).
- While shooting far fewer field goal attempts, the Panthers were more efficient with their shooting than Northwood. DU shot 57.1 percent (12-21) overall and 2-8 from beyond the arc (25.0 percent).
- Northwood got off 12 more field goal attempts thanks largely to committing six fewer turnovers (9-3).
- Davenport pushed their lead to nine 10 minutes into the second half (56-47) before the Timberwolves fought back.
- NU eventually tied the game 64-64 before taking the lead at 67-65 with less than three minutes remaining.
- The Panthers were the better team in the final minutes of the game, earning points in each of their final five possessions of the contest.
- Davenport scored nine of the final 12 points of the game to earn the win.
- Northwood went 13-30 from the floor in the second half (13-30) but did pick up its 3-point shooting, going 5-12 (41.7 percent).
- Davenport stayed efficient in the second half going 12-20 from the floor (60.0 percent) while going 4-6 from 3-point range (66.7 percent).
- Both teams spent a lot of time at the foul line in the final 20 minutes – NU was 10-16 (62.5 percent) while DU was 13-18 (72.2 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Davenport .585 (24-41), Northwood .397 (25-63)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Davenport .429 (6-14), Northwood .304 (7-23)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Davenport .769 (20-26), Northwood .684 (13-19)
- REBOUNDS: Davenport 32 (Four offensive), Northwood 31 (12 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Davenport 8/17, Northwood 9/10
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Davenport 32, Northwood 36
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Davenport 22, Northwood 29
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Davenport 4, Northwood 16
- BENCH POINTS: Davenport 20, Northwood 18
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Trey McBride: 17 points, seven rebounds, three steals
- Jack Ammerman: 17 points
- Ja'Kavien Lewis: 13 points, four rebounds, three steals
- Evan Lowden: 13 points, four rebounds
- The Timberwolves will host #18 Grand Valley State Saturday (February 15). Game time is set for 6 p.m.