OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORE: Purdue Northwest State Pride 90, Northwood Timberwolves 76
RECORDS: Northwood (4-4, 4-4 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (4-4, 4-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Hammond, Ind. – PNW Fitness & Recreation Center
RECAP: Purdue Northwest rides a red-hot offense to defeat Northwood men's basketball 90-76 Friday night (January 29).
- Northwood got off to a fast start in the game, making their first three 3-pointers to go up 9-2 2:12 into the contest.
- PNW chipped away at the lead and trailed 22-21 with less than 10 minutes remaining when they went on a big run.
- The Pride's 16-2 burst made the score 38-24 with under four minutes remaining in the half.
- PNW eventually led 47-36 at the break.
- Purdue Northwest had an efficient half offensively, going 18-27 overall (66.7 percent) while making 5-6 from 3-point range (83.3 percent). The Pride also went 6-6 from the foul line.
- Northwood's shooting numbers were solid in the opening 20 minutes, going 13-29 overall (44.8 percent) and 7-13 from 3-point range (53.8 percent). NU was 3-5 from the foul line.
- Purdue Northwest's offense continued to stay hot to start the second half, making eight of their first 10 shots to open up a 67-48 lead less than eight minutes into the half.
- The Pride pushed their lead to as many as 22 in the second half.
- Northwood got no closer than 14 down the stretch.
- Northwood shot 47.2 percent overall in the second half (17-36) while going 5-15 from 3-point range.
- Purdue Northwest continued their strong offensive play in the half, shooting 57.7 percent overall (15-26). The Pride also went 11-12 from the foul line (91.7 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .623 (33-53), Northwood .462 (30-65)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .583 (7-12), Northwood .429 (12-28)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .944 (17-18), Northwood .571 (4-7)
- REBOUNDS: Purdue Northwest 30 (Four offensive), Northwood 27 (11 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 14/15, Northwood 9/14
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Purdue Northwest 48, Northwood 34
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 19, Northwood 19
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Purdue Northwest 2, Northwood 10
- BENCH POINTS: Purdue Northwest 29, Northwood 28
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Quentin Richardson: 17 points (career-high), 7-10 from the floor, 3-5 from 3-point range
- Evan Lowden: 16 points, 6-9 from the floor, 2-3 from 3-point range
- Jack Ammerman: 15 points
- The Timberwolves and Purdue Northwest will finish their weekend series Saturday (January 30). Game time is set for 4 p.m. ET