OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORE: Purdue Northwest State Pride 83, Northwood Timberwolves 79
RECORDS: Northwood (4-5, 4-5 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (5-4, 5-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Hammond, Ind. – PNW Fitness & Recreation Center
RECAP: In a game of runs for both teams, Purdue Northwest hold on for an 83-79 win over Northwood men's basketball Saturday afternoon (January 30).
- Northwood started the game well, scoring nine of the first 12 points in the opening 4:25
- The Timberwolves eventually led 15-5 when the Pride went on a 12-1 run to take a 17-16 lead with under 10 minutes remaining in the half.
- The remainder of the half was evenly played, with neither team leading by more than four points.
- A last-second Trevor Davis 3-pointer for Northwood leveled the score at 39-39 at the break.
- The two teams had similar shooting numbers from the floor, with Northwood going 15-30 overall (50.0 percent) and Purdue Northwest finishing at 49.0 percent (12-25).
- The path the teams took to get to 39 points in the half was quite different, with Northwood out-scoring PNW 15-6 on 3-point field goals made. Meanwhile, the Pride out-scored Northwood 13-4 at the foul line.
- The Pride started the second fast, scoring the first seven points.
- PNW controlled the play through the 8:24 mark of the second half, out-scoring Northwood 34-17 to go up 73-56.
- Starting with an Evan Lowden layup, Northwood finished the game with a big push. NU went on a 21-4 run to tie the score at 77-77 with 2:37 remaining.
- NU had the ball twice with the score tied in the final moments of the game but were unable to convert.
- The Pride connected four free throws in the final 19 seconds to close out the win.
- Purdue Northwest's shooting was strong in the second half, going 16-27 from the floor (59.3 percent) and a perfect 10-10 from the foul line.
- Northwood was 17-37 from the floor overall in the final 20 minutes (45.9 percent). NU was 5-14 from 3-point range (35.7 percent) but just 1-2 from the foul line.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .538 (28-52), Northwood .478 (32-67)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .364 (4-11), Northwood .385 (10-26)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .821 (23-28), Northwood .625 (5-8)
- REBOUNDS: Purdue Northwest 35 (Nine offensive), Northwood 27 (Nine offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 8/14, Northwood 12/8
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Purdue Northwest 42, Northwood 34
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 12, Northwood 9
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Purdue Northwest 8, Northwood 8
- BENCH POINTS: Purdue Northwest 13, Northwood 25
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Evan Lowden: 23 points, eight rebounds, 11-17 from the floor
- Jack Ammerman: 19 points, 6-9 from the floor, 4-6 from 3-point range
- Quentin Richardson: 11 points, 4-7 from the floor, 2-4 from 3-point range
- The Timberwolves will travel to Northern Michigan for a pair of games, starting Saturday (February 6). Game time is set for 1 p.m.