OVERVIEW – ASHLAND
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 73, Ashland Eagles 68
RECORDS: Northwood (6-10, 6-10 GLIAC), Ashland (9-8, 9-7 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Kates Gymnasium – Ashland, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood men's basketball earns road split at Ashland, picking a 73-68 win Saturday afternoon (February 20).
- Ashland got off to a fast start in the game, scoring 11 of the first 14 points in the opening 4:29.
- AU got the lead to 10 points on four separate occasions before Northwood made a run of their own, scoring eight straight points to make the score 29-28.
- Northwood eventually tied the game before Ashland scored the final point of the half to go up 34-33 at the break.
- As expected, the two teams shooting numbers were very similar. NU ended the opening 20 minutes at 44.9 percent overall (13-29) while going 4-7 from 3-point range (57.1 percent) and 3-6 from the foul line (50.0 percent).
- The Eagles ended the half at 44.4 percent (12-27) overall. AU was 4-15 from 3-point range (26.7 percent while making 6-7 at the foul line.
- Northwood took the lead for good early in the second half at 37-36.
- The score remained tight the majority of the half until a 15-5 run by the Timberwolves made the NU lead 64-50.
- Ashland chipped away at the lead and got within three at 71-68 with 1:02 remaining before Northwood scored the final two points of the game to earn the win.
- The Timberwolves shot 48.3 percent from the floor in the half, going 14-29 overall. NU was 3-6 from 3-point range (50.0 percent) and 9-11 from the foul line (81.8 percent).
- AU went 13-28 in the second half from the floor (46.4 percent). The Eagles made 3-12 from beyond the arc (25.0 percent) and 5-10 from the foul line (50.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ashland .455 (25-55), Northwood .466 (27-58)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ashland .259 (7-27), Northwood .538 (7-13)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ashland .647 (11-17), Northwood .706 (12-17)
- REBOUNDS: Ashland 37 (Seven offensive), Northwood 30 (Nine offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ashland 12/9, Northwood 11/6
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Ashland 32, Northwood 32
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Ashland 9, Northwood 9
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Ashland 10, Northwood 7
- BENCH POINTS: Ashland 0, Northwood 17
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Jack Ammerman: 24 points, 8-15 from the floor, 5-7 from 3-point range
- Evan Lowden: 15 points, eight rebounds
- La'Tavius Vaughter: 10 points (career-high)
- The Timberwolves will finish the regular season with a home series against Grand Valley State, starting Friday (February 26)