OVERVIEW – GRAND VALLEY STATE
SCORE: Grand Valley State Lakers 98, Northwood Timberwolves 69
RECORDS: Northwood (6-11, 6-11 GLIAC), Grand Valley State (10-6, 10-6 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood men's basketball drops 98-69 contest to Grand Valley State Friday afternoon (February 26).
- Grand Valley State set the tone for the day in the opening minutes of the game.
- The Lakers held leads of 21-2, 34-5 and 42-7 in the opening 12 minutes.
- GVSU eventually led 59-26 at the break, thanks to shooting 64.9 percent overall (24-37) and 46.7 percent from 3-point range (7-15). The Lakers also made 4-5 from the foul line (80.0 percent).
- Northwood ended the opening 20 minutes at 40.0 percent (10-25). NU was 2-9 from beyond the arc (22.2 percent) and 4-6 from the foul line (66.7 percent).
- Northwood played better early in the second half, cutting the lead down to 23 at 71-48 with 10 minutes remaining.
- That is as close as NU would get, however GVSU would go on to win by 29.
- The Timberwolves picked up their shooting after the break, going 18-33 overall (54.5 percent). NU was 4-9 from 3-point range (44.4 percent) and 3-5 from the free throw line (60.0 percent).
- GVSU continued to be strong from the floor, shooting 53.8 percent overall (14-26) and 66.6 percent from 3-point range.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Grand Valley State .603 (38-63), Northwood .483 (28-58)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Grand Valley State .524 (11-21), Northwood .333 (6-18)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Grand Valley State .647 (11-17), Northwood .636 (7-11)
- REBOUNDS: Grand Valley State 39 (15 offensive), Northwood 20 (Seven offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Grand Valley State 19/7, Northwood 12/8
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Grand Valley State 48, Northwood 34
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Grand Valley State 13, Northwood 8
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Grand Valley State 15, Northwood 5
- BENCH POINTS: Grand Valley State 26, Northwood 23
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- La'Tavius Vaughter: 16 points, 6-9 from the floor
- Jack Ammerman: 15 points, five rebounds, three assists
- Maurion Scott: 13 points, three rebounds
- Evan Lowden: 10 points, three assists
- The Timberwolves will finish the regular season against Grand Valley State Sunday (February 27). Game time is set for 2 p.m.