OVERVIEW – GLIAC CHAMPIONSHIPS
LOCATION: Battle Creek, Mich. – Bedford Valley Country Club (Par 72 – 7,020 yards)
RECAP: Men's Golf ties for seventh at the GLIAC Championship Friday and Saturday (April 19-20).
INSIDE THE EVENT
- Northwood shot team scores of 310 and 306 to finish at 616 overall in the stroke-play portion of the event, good for a tie for seventh place overall.
- This year's event features a new format, where the top-four teams after 36-holes of stroke play advance to the medal match play semifinal round. Medal match play consists of the five individual players each team's lineup facing off in one-on-one matches. First team to win three matches takes the overall victory.
- Ashland finished as the top seed in stroke play at 590 (295-295), one stroke ahead of Grand Valley State at 591 (302-289). Ferris State (298-301=599) and Wayne State (307-298=605) were the other two teams to advance to medal match play.
- A total of 11 teams took part in the event.
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Jagger Richard: 78-72=150 – tied for 12th
- Austin Deiters: 75-77=152 – tied for 17th
- A total of 55 players competed in the tournament.
- The team has completed their 2018-19 season.