OVERVIEW – NORTHERN MICHIGAN
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 2, Northern Michigan Wildcats 0
RECORDS: Northwood 3-2-1, Northern Michigan 2-3-1
LOCATION: Marquette, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood blanks Northern Michigan with a pair of goals in the first half Sunday (September 17) to open conference play.
- Northwood was the first to strike with an unassisted goal by Bryan Lawson in the 27th minute of play.
- Not even a minute later, Austin Hobbs received a ball from James Vaughan and put it past the Wildcats goalkeeper to increase the Timberwolves' lead, 2-0.
- The Timberwolves controlled the opening half, holding an advantage in shots and corner kicks, 10-5 and 4-1 respectively.
- The Wildcats were able to get some shots late in the second half, but could not get any to find the back of the net.
- Both teams were even at 5 shots a piece, but Northwood held the advantage in corner kicks, 5-1.
- Shots: Northwood 15, Northern Michigan 10
- Saves: Northern Michigan 6 (Filippo Torelli), Northwood 4 (Corbin Cecchini)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 9, Northern Michigan 2
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Hobbs: 3 shots, 1 goal
- Lawson: 3 shots, 1 goal
- The Timberwolves will play Davenport at home Friday (September 22). Game time is set for 3 p.m.