OVERVIEW – UNIVERSITY OF INDIANAPOLIS
SCORE: Indianapolis Greyhounds 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0
RECORDS: Northwood 2-1, Indianapolis 3-0
LOCATION: Key Stadium – Indianapolis, Ind.
RECAP: After a scoreless 58 minutes a trio of late goals proved to be too much for the Timberwolves, as they fell 3-0 at 14th ranked University of Indianapolis.
- The first half was rather uneventful, as the teams put just a combined three shots on net. Corbin Cecchini saved both shots he faced in the first frame.
- The Greyhounds found the first breakthrough in the 59th minute via a goal from Alejandro Steinwasher.
- UIndy would add to its lead seven minutes later; this time with a goal by Javier Steinwasher.
- Indianapolis would notch its third goal in the 82nd minute as Benjamin Sierra found the back of the net.
- The Timberwolves had a chance to get a goal back four minutes later, but a Jack Doyle header was saved by Miles Palmer.
- Shots: Northwood 4, UIndy 12
- Saves: Northwood 3 (Cecchini), UIndy 2 (Palmer)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 2, UIndy 3
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Doyle: Two shots, one on goal
- Tuesday's match was the first of two matches in a row on the road against nationally ranked opponents for the Timberwolves. The Timberwolves play three matches at ranked opponents in the month of September.
- Northwood will travel to Vienna, W.Va on Sunday (Sept. 9) to face off with the third ranked Ohio Valley Fighting Scots for a 2:30 p.m. kickoff.