SCORE: Ashland Eagles 3, Northwood Timberwolves 1
RECORDS: Ashland (4-8-1. 3-6 GLIAC), Northwood (5-7, 3-5 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood allowed three unanswered goals in GLIAC loss to Ashland (October 12).
INSIDE THE GAME
- The Timberwolves were able to close out the first half on a high note. Picking up a loose ball from midfield, Will Alderton sent a perfect ball into the area. Timing his leap at the left side of the net, Chase Clark was able to send an impressive header into the back of the net for a 1-0 Northwood lead in the 41st minute.
- Ashland brought the game even with 15 minutes to play. On a corner kick from the left sideline, the Eagles center back d headed the dipping pass into the goal on the back post to tie the match at one.
- It took just four minutes for Ashland to blitz Northwood again and take the lead. The Timberwolves had a defensive miscue in front of their own net, leading to an open net chance for the AU midfielder who scored easily and put the Eagles ahead 2-1 with 11 minutes to go in the match.
- Ashland would add one more goal on another NU turnover to put the game away with just over one minute to play.
- SHOTS: Ashland 15, Northwood 18
- SAVES: Ashland 5, Northwood 7
- CORNER KICKS: Ashland 3, Northwood 4
- FOULS: Ashland 7, Northwood 18
- Ashland has now won two straight over Northwood in the series after the Timberwolves won
- Chase Clark scored his first career goal in his third career Northwood start.
- The Timberwolves will host Saginaw Valley State Sunday for a matchup against the Cardinals (Oct. 14). Game time is set for 3 p.m.