OVERVIEW – ALDERSON BROADDUS
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 1, Alderson Broaddus Battlers 0
RECORDS: Northwood (2-0-1), Alderson Broaddus (0-0-2)
LOCATION: Falcon Stadium – Freeland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood edges Alderson Broaddus 1-0 at Falcon Stadium Friday night (September 13).
- In the twenty-fifth minute, Alderson Broaddus appeared to take the lead on a header. But the play was called offside, keeping the score 0-0.
- Neither team could get much going offensively in the first half, as the game remained at 0-0 going into the break. The Battlers held a 7-5 edge in shots in the opening 45 minutes.
- With only 4:50 remaining in the game, the Timberwolves broke through to score the game-winning goal. Sam Richards capitalized on Austin Hobbs' corner kick with a header that gave the Timberwolves a 1-0 lead.
- The Battlers had several chances to score in the final seconds, but an impressive effort from Northwood keeper Corbin Cechinni and the rest of the Northwood defense allowed the Timberwolves to earn the 1-0 win.
- After ABU had the wind at the back in the first half, Northwood was the better team in the second half with the wind advantage. NU out-shot Alderson Broaddus 10-2 in the second half.
- Shots: Northwood 15, Alderson Broaddus 9
- Saves: Northwood 2 (Corbin Cecchini), Alderson Broaddus 4 (Eduardo D'Avino)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 4, Alderson Broaddus 5
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Richards: Goal
- Hobbs: Assist
- Cecchini: Shutout – first of the season, 12th of his career
- The game was moved to Freeland High School after heavy rains caused the Northwood field to be unplayable.
- The Timberwolves will host Tiffin on Sunday (September 15). Match time is set for 4 p.m.