OVERVIEW – UPPER IOWA
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 5, Upper Iowa Peacocks 0
RECORDS: Northwood Timberwolves (4-3-1, 2-2-0 GLIAC), Upper Iowa Peacocks (0-7-0, 0-4-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood defeats Upper Iowa 5-0 at home Sunday afternoon (September 29).
- Northwood got on the board in the fifteenth minute of the match. Nino Evola found the back of the net, unassisted, to give the Timberwolves a 1-0 advantage early.
- With just 1:03 remaining in the first half, Upper Iowa was rewarded a penalty kick in the box. Corbin Cechinni was able to make the save to keep the Peacocks off the board going into the break.
- The Timberwolves wasted no time in the second half. Two minutes in, Jack Doyle assisted Austin Hobbs to extend the Northwood lead to 2-0.
- Just three minutes after, Northwood went up Austin Hobbs picked up an assist on Josh Wates' goal in the fiftieth minute.
- Wates picked up his second goal of the match shortly after. At 53:15, he capitalized off of a loose ball bouncing around the box, firing a shot past the outstretched Upper Iowa goalie to give the Timberwolves a 4-0 advantage.
- With just under a minute left in the match, Kie Dyer's shot to the lower left corner of the goal snuck past the Upper Iowa goalie to put the Timberwolves up 5-0 over the Peacocks.
- Shots: Northwood 24, Upper Iowa 10
- Saves: Northwood 6 (Corbin Cecchini), Upper Iowa 9 (Anthony Velez)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 10, Upper Iowa 9
- Fouls: Northwood 3, Upper Iowa 11
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Wates: 2 goals
- Hobbs: Goal, 2 Assists
- Evola: Goal
- Dyer: Goal
- Cechinni: 6 Saves
- The Timberwolves will travel to Northern Michigan on Friday afternoon (October 4). Match time is set for 4 p.m.