OVERVIEW – NORTHERN MICHIGAN
SCORE: Northern Michigan Wildcats 3, Northwood Timberwolves 2 (2OT)
RECORDS: Northwood (8-6-1, 6-5-0 GLIAC), Northern Michigan (7-8, 6-5 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Men's soccer sees 2-0 lead slip away in 3-2 double overtime loss to Northern Michigan Monday (October 28).
- Northwood took the lead late in the first half. Jack Doyle netted his fifth goal of the season off a feed from Kie Dyer to go up 1-0 at the break. The Timberwolves finished the half with a 7-4 edge in shots and 3-0 advantage in corner kicks.
- The Timberwolves doubled their advantage in the 54th minutes. Austin Hobbs' scored his third of the year on a pass from Charlie Evans to go up 2-0 at 53:14.
- In the 80th minute of the game, Northern Michigan had zero shots on goal. But the Wildcats came storming back, scoring at 80:34 and 84:24 to send the game to overtime.
- The first overtime session saw both teams get numerous chances to win the game but were unable to score. The teams combined for eight shots in 10 minutes.
- Just over a minute into the second overtime period, NMU scored the game-winner to earn the comeback win.
- Shots: Northwood 17, Northern Michigan 18
- Saves: Northwood 1 (Corbin Cecchini), Northern Michigan 4 (Patrick Restum)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 4, Northern Michigan 1
- Fouls: Northwood 8, Northern Michigan 15
- The Timberwolves travel to Upper Iowa Friday (November 1). Game time is set for 3:30 p.m.