OVERVIEW – FINDLAY
SCORE: Findlay Oilers 7, Northwood Timberwolves 3
RECORDS: Northwood 0-1, Findlay 1-0
LOCATION: Dehaven Field – Findlay, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood men's soccer opened their season with a 7-3 loss at Findlay Thursday afternoon (September 2).
- Findlay got on the board first at the 7:08 mark to lead 1-0
- Northwood leveled the score less than five minutes later on a goal by Seamus Quinn. His first career goal came at the 12:03 mark to level the score at 1-1.
- The Oilers got rolling at that point, as Findlay scored at 18:59, 32:39 and 34:50 to take a 4-1 lead.
- The Timberwolves got one back late in the half. August Hunter found a loose ball in the area and scored. Quinn got the assist to make the score 4-2.
- That was the score at the break. Both teams finished the first half with seven overall shots and five shots on goal.
- The Oilers extended their lead at the 55:28 mark to go up 5-2.
- NU got back within a pair at 72:30 thanks to an unassisted goal by Charlie Evans to make the score 5-3.
- That was as close as the Timberwolves would get, however, as Findlay added goals at 75:40 and 83:26 to earn the win.
- Shots: Northwood 15, Findlay 15
- Saves: Northwood 6 (Robert Gjelaj), Findlay 8 (Andrew Boulton 7/Koton Crouch 1)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 4, Findlay 2
- Quinn: Goal, assist
- Evans/Hunter: Goal
- The Timberwolves will travel to Cedarville Saturday (September 4). Game time is set for 1 p.m.