OVERVIEW – CEDARVILLE
SCORE: #22 Cedarville Yellow Jackets 2, Northwood Timberwolves 1 (2 OT)
RECORDS: Northwood 0-2, Cedarville 1-0
LOCATION: Yellow Jacket Soccer Complex – Cedarville, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood men's soccer battles but falls at No. 22 Cedarville 2-1 in double overtime Saturday (September 4).
- Cedarville opened the scoring at the 7:47 mark to go up 1-0.
- That was the lone goal of the opening 45 minutes. Neither team put up much of an offensive attack in the half – the Yellow Jackets held a 4-2 edge in shots and a 2-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- Northwood leveled the score less than three minutes into the second half. Andrew Simon found a loose ball off a corner kick and found the back of the net. It was the first career goal for the junior defender.
- There were more shots and chances for both teams in the second half, but the score remained 1-1 until the end of regulation. Cedarville out-shot Northwood 10-4 in the second half. Both teams had two corner kicks.
- The game-winner came with less than four minutes remaining in regulation. After a mad scramble in the area, the Yellow Jackets had a few chances before finding the back of the net to earn the win.
- Shots: Northwood 8, Cedarville 19
- Saves: Northwood 6 (Robert Gjelaj), Cedarville 2 (Jared Zacharias)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 3, Cedarville 4
- Simon: Goal (1)
- The Timberwolves will travel to Lake Erie Friday (September 10). Game time is set for Noon.