OVERVIEW – WAYNE STATE
SCORE: Wayne State 5, Northwood 4
RECORDS: Northwood (9-10, 5-4 GLIAC), Wayne State (9-10, 5-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Midland, Mich. – Greater Midland Tennis Center
RECAP: Wayne State picked up a tough 5-4 win over Northwood to finish the regular season Tuesday (April 18).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Wayne State took a 2-1 lead after doubles, winning at the No. 1 and No. 3 position. Northwood's victory came at the No. 2 slot thanks to brothers Kobus Sauerman and Francois Sauerman.
- Singles proved to be extremely close, as the two teams split the six contests. Four of the six matches went the full three sets, with each team taking two three-set matches.
- NU's victories came at the No. 1 (Austin Woody), No. 2 (Kobus Sauerman) and No. 5 positions (Lorenz Bialkowski).
- Kobus Sauerman: 2-0 on the day.
- The Timberwolves will be the No. 6 seed in the upcoming GLIAC Tournament Friday-Sunday (April 21-23). Northwood will open play against third-seeded Tiffin Friday at 6:45 p.m. at the Greater Midland Tennis Center. NU defeated TU 7-2 earlier this season.