OVERVIEW – FERRIS STATE
SCORE: #23 Ferris State Bulldogs 7, #26 Northwood Timberwolves 2
RECORDS: Northwood 10-2, 2-1 GLIAC, Ferris State 13-2, 3-0 GLIAC
LOCATION: Greater Midland Tennis Center – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood dropped its first conference match of the season Thursday (March 29), falling to No. 23 Ferris State 7-2.
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Ferris State picked up the first two points of the match, winning at the No. 2 and No. 3 positions. Northwood got on the board with a 9-7 victory at the No. 1 slot.
- Singles featured a number of tight matches. Three of the six contests went the full three sets, while six sets contested went to a seventh game.
- Northwood ended up picking up one win in singles, with Mikhail Fomenkov taking the No. 1 match.
- Fomenkov: 2-0 on the day.
- Ferris State is currently ranked No. 23 nationally, while Northwood is No. 26.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Grand Valley State Friday (March 30). Match time is set for 1 p.m.
1. Mikhail Fomenkov (NU) def. Steward Sell (FS) 7-6, 6-2
2. Nur Adim Iswan (FS) def. Kobus Sauerman (NU) 6-2, 4-6, 7-5
3. Daniil Tarantinov (FS) def. David Reinauer (NU) 7-6, 6-4
4. Austin DeBruyne (FS) def. Francois Sauerman (NU) 6-4, 6-7, 2-1, retired
5. Mathis Guerre (FS) def. Ben Brandherm (NU) 6-4, 5-7, 7-5
6. Pablo Munoz Baroja (FS) def. Pablo Salamanca (NU) 6-1, 6-1