OVERVIEW – WAYNE STATE (GLIAC TOURNAMENT SEMIFINALS)
SCORE: Wayne State Warriors 5, Northwood Timberwolves 2
RECORDS: Northwood 15-4, Wayne State 14-10
LOCATION: Greater Midland Tennis Center – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood falls to Wayne State 5-2 in the GLIAC Tournament Quarterfinals Saturday afternoon (April 21).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Wayne State took the early lead in the match, winning at the No. 2 and No. 3 doubles slots.
- Northwood got on the board thanks to the No. 1 team of Mikhail Fomenkov and Kobus Sauerman. They picked up a 9-8 victory to send the match to singles with WSU leading 2-1.
- Four of the six singles matches were completed, all of which were decided in straight sets.
- The Warriors won at the No. 2, 4, and 6 slots, while NU's David Reinauer won at the No. 3 slot.
- The Timberwolves will play Davenport in the GLIAC Tournament third place match Sunday morning (April 22) at 8:15 a.m.