OVERVIEW – FERRIS STATE (NCAA TOURNAMENT OPENING ROUND
SCORE: Ferris State Bulldogs 5, Northwood Timberwolves 1
RECORDS: Northwood 15-5, Ferris State 21-2
LOCATION: Cooper Tennis Complex – Springfield, Mo.
RECAP: Northwood men's tennis sees its 2018 season come to an end with a 5-1 loss in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament Monday (April 30).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The Bulldogs got off to a strong start in the match, winning the No. 1 and No. 2 doubles matches to open up a 2-0 lead.
- Northwood got on the board with 9-8 victory at the No. 3 slot thanks to the duo of Ben Brandherm and Pablo Salamanca, sending the match to singles with FSU leading 2-1.
- Ferris State went on to close out the win with three straight-set victories in singles, taking matches at the top three positions to win the match.
- The Timberwolves had won the opening set in two of the three matches suspended.
- Northwood was the No. 6 seed in the Midwest Region, while Ferris State was seeded third.
- FSU will now take on No. 2 seed and host Drury in the second round. Drury defeated Grand Valley State 5-0 today.