OVERVIEW – GRAND VALLEY STATE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 4, Grand Valley State Lakers 2
RECORDS: Northwood 12-9/Grand Valley State 16-8
LOCATION: Midland, Mich. – Greater Midland Tennis Center
RECAP: Fourth-seeded Men's Tennis takes the third place match at the GLIAC Tournament with a 4-2 win over No. 2 seed Grand Valley State Sunday Morning (April 28).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- All three doubles matches finished with a score of 6-4. Northwood earned the wins at the No. 1 and No. 2 positions to take a 1-0 lead.
- Five of six singles matches were completed, with the Timberwolves winning three to close out the match.
- NU won at the No. 2, 3 and 5 positions, while GVSU was victorious at the 4 and 6 slots.
- Only the No. 2 match went the full three sets.
- Northwood dropped a 4-3 match to GVSU earlier this season.
- The Timberwolves will await word on the NCAA Tournament.
1. Kobus Sauerman (NU) vs. Sebastien Lescoulie (GVSU-M) unfinished
2. David Reinauer (NU) def. Jack Geissler (GVSU-M) 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
3. Ben Brandherm (NU) def. Jack Dausman (GVSU-M) 6-2, 6-4
4. Martin Matov (GVSU-M) def. Pablo Salamanca (NU) 6-4, 6-1
5. Ivan Medvynskyi (NU) def. Nicholas Urban (GVSU-M) 6-4, 6-3
6. Eric Zwemer (GVSU-M) def. Hayden Drury (NU) 6-3, 6-4