OVERVIEW – BOB EUBANKS OPEN
MEET: Bob Eubanks Open
LOCATION: Allendale, Mich. – Grand Valley State University
RECAP: Northwood track & field teams competed for the first time in 2020 at the Bob Eubanks Open Friday night (January 10).
INSIDE THE MEET – MEN
- Northwood placed second out of 14 teams, finishing with 90 points.
- Josiah Morse had a big day in the 800, clocking a NCAA Provisional time of 1:52.30 to earn the win. The time was also a personal-best for Morse and moved him to fourth in the Northwood record book.
- Jeronn Body also ran well in the 800 for the Timberwolves, placing third overall at 1:59.15.
- Michael Allen gave Northwood another win, this time in the mile. He clocked a 4:24.07 in a personal-best performance.
- The Timberwolves distance crew also won the 3,000 thanks to Zane Aldrich. He finished at 8:36.33, which is a personal-best and ranks him third in school history. Eric Poth placed fourth in the event with a personal-best time of 8:47.72 that is good for 11th in program history.
- Dylan Powers finished second in the weight throw with a personal-best mark of 16.85 meters.
- Andrew Davis picked up a pair of high finishes in the sprints, placing third overall in the 200 with a time of 22.45 and fourth place finish in the finals of the 60 meter dash at 7.03.
- Mason Phillips competed in the 400 for the first time this indoor season, placing second overall with a time of 49.72.
INSIDE THE MEET – WOMEN
- The Northwood women's team placed 11th out of 13 teams, totaling 18 points.
- Jessica Kursinsky placed second in the shot put with a toss of 13.19 meters.
- Jessica Marvin threw 15.82 meters, which was good for a fourth place finish. Taky Ezell finished right behind Mavin in fifth at 15.01 meters.
- Madi Brooks placed eighth in the 800 with a personal-best time of 2:30.65
- The track and field teams will return to Grand Valley next Friday (January 17) for the GVSU Bill Clinger Classic.