OVERVIEW – WALSH INVITE/KNIGHT INVITATIONAL
LOCATION: North Canton, Ohio/Louisville, Ky.
RECAP: Northwood track & field earns school records on both the men's and women's side while competing at a pair of events Friday and Saturday (April 9-10).
WALSH INVITE – MEN
- In an event with the top eight competitors all hitting NCAA Provisional marks, Northwood picked up a pair of top five finishes in the hammer throw. Nathan Powers placed fourth at 59.77 meters, while David Kotliarker was fifth at 59.16 meters. Both currently rank in the top 14 in Division II.
- Nicholas Dell moved into the top ten in school history in the hammer as well with his toss of 51.29 meters.
- Hunter Berecz picked up the win in the shot put with a personal-best toss of 16.84 meters. That is an NCAA Provisional mark and places him No. 23 in Division II.
- Travis Schepers was fourth in the shot at 15.67 meters.
- Northwood had a big day in the discus, placing four in the top eight. Zechariah Stickler finished third at 49.99 meters, which is an NCAA Provisional mark. He is now third in school history in the event and No. 25 nationally. Travis Schepers placed fourth at 47.01 meters, good for sixth in school history, while Dell placed seventh at 44.44 meters. Dell is now ninth in school history. Berecz was eighth in the event at 44.16 meters, which put him 10th in NU history.
WALSH INVITE – WOMEN
- Jessica Kursinsky had a big day, earning a school record in the shot put at 14.49 meters. That mark is good for No. 8 in the country. She also had a toss of 36.78 in the discus, which puts her eighth in school history.
- Emily Coulter made her debut in the javelin and placed fourth overall with a toss of 29.98. That mark is good for fourth in school history.
KNIGHT INVITATIONAL – MEN
- Zane Aldrich his second school record of the spring season, this time in the 10,000 meter run. His time of 30:11.86 breaks the old record by nearly 30 seconds and is an NCAA Provisional qualifier. He currently stands 24th in Division II in the event.
- Mike Allen placed fourth in the 1,500 meter run with a time of 3:58.62. That moves him into the top-10 in school history.
- Josiah Morse (1:52.45) and Stephen Barker (1:53.35) each ran personal-bests in the 800, placing third and sixth in the event, respectively.
- Northwood will compete at the Al Owens Classic at Grand Valley State Friday (April 16).