Posted: May 01, 2021
OVERVIEW – GVSU EXTRA WEEKEND MEET
LOCATION: Allendale, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood track & field competed at the GVSU Extra Weekend meet Saturday (May 1).
INSIDE THE MEET – MEN
- One week after breaking a 36-year hold record in the shot put, Zechariah Stickler broke his own record with a toss of 18.27. That was good for first place in the invitational section of the meet and puts him No. 5 in Division II.
- Overall, Northwood put four in the top eight in the shot put. Hunter Berecz (fourth - 17.09 meters) and Travis Schepers (fifth - 16.65 meters) each had NCAA Provisional marks, while Will Nemecek had a personal-best toss of 15.67 meters to finish eighth.
- Zane Aldrich earned an impressive finish in the 5,000 meter run with a time of 14:08.39. That an NCAA Provisional time, is a 24-second personal-best time and ranks him #17 in Division II.
- Josiah Morse now ranks No. 25 in Division II in the 800 after clocking a 1:51.45, which was good for a NCAA Provisional time.
- Nathan Powers (58.02 meters) and David Kotliarker (57.46) each hit NCAA Provisional marks in the hammer throw, placing them fourth and fifth in the event, respectively.
- Ben Haupt ran a personal-best time of 9:43.23 in the 3,000 steeplechase, which is good for third in school history. Andrew Wendler clocked a 9:57.65 in the event to move into ninth in program history.
INSIDE THE MEET – WOMEN
- Just three women competed at the event, which was highlighted by Jessica Kursinsky placing sixth in the invitation shot put (12.84).
- Northwood will compete at the GLIAC Championships May 5-7. This year's event is being hosted by Davenport.