OVERVIEW – KNIGHT INVITE
MEET: Knight Invite
LOCATION: Calvin College - Grand Rapids, Mich
RECAP: The Northwood University cross country teams competed at the Knight Invite Saturday (September 8), improving upon performances from a year ago.
INSIDE THE MEET
- The Northwood men moved up in distance to take on an 8k course. Senior Dylan Rocha led the Timberwolves with a 24th place finish in 26:08.0 and moved himself into 11th on NU's all-time performance list for 8k.
- Sophomore Brian Patrick was the No. 2 runner for the Timberwolves, crossing the line in 26:40.4 for 53rd place overall.
- Freshman Zane Aldrich rounded out the top three finishers for NU. His time of 26:45.4 was good for 57th place in the race.
- The men finished 13th overall in the standings with a team score of 315, while averaging 53 seconds faster than last year. 302 runners took part in the 8k.
- The Northwood women were led on the 5k course by senior Mallory Balmert, clocking a time of 20:28.9 to finish 94th place. She moved herself into the school's top 25 all-time performances and now sits in 22nd place.
- Freshman Katherine Wozniak maintained her position as NU's No. 2 runner and posted a time of 20:55.1.
- Sophomore Madi Brooks served as Northwood's No. 3 runner for the first time this year, crossing the line in 21:18.9.
- The women's team average time was 21:07.9 over the 5k course, 1:44 faster compared to last year's race. 287 runners competed in the meet.
- Northwood will travel to Michigan State University Friday (September 14) to compete at the Spartan Invitational.