OVERVIEW – WARRIOR CHALLENGE
MEET: Warrior Challenge – Wayne State University
LOCATION: Willow Metropark – New Boston, Mich.
RECAP: The Northwood University cross country teams closed out their final meet of the regular season with lifetime or seasonal bests at the Warrior Challenge Saturday (October 20). Brian Patrick moved himself into NU's Top 5 for all-time 8k performances to lead the men to a second place team finish.
INSIDE THE MEET
- The Northwood men were led by a big performance by sophomore Brian Patrick. Patrick finished second overall with a time of 25:26.2 for a 74 second personal best. His time now puts him in a tie for fourth overall in school history, matching Michael Bean's time of 25:26 set in 2003.
- The No. 2 finisher for the Timberwolves was freshman Zane Aldrich, crossing the finish line in 26:19.2 for a 10th place overall finish.
- Senior Dylan Rocha navigated the 8k course in 26:28.2 for 23rd place, while serving as Northwood's No. 3 runner.
- The men's team finished second overall in the standings with 75 points. 106 men competed in the 8k race.
- The Northwood women all ran lifetime or season bests in today's outing at Willow Metropark. The Top 5 finishers' average was 25:512 – one minute faster than their average at the Spartan Invitational earlier this season.
- Sophomore Madi Brooks continued to lead the women as their top finisher, crossing the line in 25:09.1 for a 40th place finish.
- Finishing right behind Brooks for 41st place was sophomore Morgan Bolinger, clocking in at 25:13.2.
- Sophomore Amanda Aquinaga crossed the finish line in 43rd place to be NU's No. 3 runner. Aquinaga posted a time of 25:19.4.
- The women's team finished seventh overall with 194 points. 85 women competed in the 6k race.
- Northwood will race at the Gainey Athletic Complex (Calvin College) in Grand Rapids, Mich. for the GLIAC Cross Country Championships on Saturday (November 3), hosted by Grand Valley State University. The men's race starts at 11:00 a.m., with the women's race beginning at 11:45 a.m.