OVERVIEW – GLIAC CHAMPIONSHIPS
MEET: GLIAC Cross Country Championships – Hosted by Grand Valley State University
LOCATION: Gainey Athletic Complex at Calvin College - Grand Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: The Northwood University cross country teams competed at the GLIAC Championships Saturday (November 3).
INSIDE THE MEET
- Sophomore Brian Patrick had a stupendous meet, leading the Timberwolves with a ninth place finish and First Team All-GLIAC honors. Patrick crossed the line in 25:14 for a 12 second PR while improving upon his fourth place ranking in NU history for 8k.
- The No. 2 runner for Northwood was senior Dylan Rocha, turning in a time of 26:34 for 31st place.
- Freshman Zane Aldrich closed out his first GLIAC Championships as NU's No. 3 runner, finishing shortly behind Rocha in 26:35 for 33rd place.
- The men's team finished fifth overall in the team standings with 148 points, which is Northwood's highest finish at the GLIAC Championships since 1999. 116 athletes completed in the men's race.
- On the women's side, sophomore Madi Brooks led the way in 24:29. The 19 second personal best puts Brooks in 23rd place overall all-time in NU history for 6k.
- Sophomore Amanda Aquinaga served as the No. 2 runner for NU, finishing in 25:23.
- NU's No. 3 runner was sopohmore Morgan Bolinger, finishing the 6k course in 25:40.
- The women's team finished 11th overall with 355 team points. 287 women competed at the championships.
- Northwood will compete at the NCAA Division II Midwest Regional Championships Saturday (November 17). The men's race starts at 10:30 a.m., with the women's race beginning at 11:45 a.m.