OVERVIEW – DAVENPORT
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 74, Davenport Panthers 57
RECORDS: Northwood (15-8, 11-6 GLIAC), Davenport (7-17, 5-12 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood respond to an early deficit, cruise to a 74-57 win over Davenport (February 15).
- Davenport was the better team the majority of the opening quarter, using a 10-0 Davenport run to take an 18-8 advantage.
- Northwood responded with a 13-4 run of their own to cut the deficit down to 22-21 after one.
- The Timberwolves were hot to start the game, shooting 69.2 percent from the floor (9-13). The Panthers hit 53.3 percent of their shots (8-15).
- With Northwood leading 29-28 lead mid-way through the second, the Timberwolves went on a 13-5 run gave Northwood a nine-point lead heading into halftime.
- Northwood, which out-scored Davenport 21-11 in the quarter, shot 43.8 percent of their attempts from the floor in the second (7-16). DU also cooled off and sunk just 33.3 percent of their shots (5-15).
- Davenport cut the lead down to four with six straight points, the Timberwolves responded with a 10-1 run and brought their lead to double digits at 52-39. That spread swelled to as large as 17 before NU settled for a 58-44 edge heading into the final 10 minutes.
- Northwood broke even and shot 50.0 percent from the field (6-12). Davenport continued to struggle and hit just 26.7 percent of their attempts (4-15).
- The Timberwolves maintained their lead at double digits for the rest of the game, holding the Panthers to under 15 points for the third consecutive quarter.
- The Timberwolves finished the game hitting 33.3 percent of their overall attempts (5-15). The Panthers were nearly identical from the field, shooting 31.3 percent from the field in the final 10 minutes (5-16).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Davenport .361 (22-61), Northwood .482 (27-56)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Davenport .417 (5-12), Northwood .500 (10-20)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Davenport .727 (8-11), Northwood .667 (10-15)
- REBOUNDS: Davenport 33 (12 offensive), Northwood 36 (9 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Davenport 11/13, Northwood 13/7
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Davenport 32, Northwood 14
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Davenport 10, Northwood 11
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Lindsay Orwat: 24 points, three rebounds, two blocks
- Maddy Seeley: 20 points (6-8 on 3-Ptr), five assists , three rebounds
- Karli Herrington: 18 points, 11 rebounds
- Seniors Maddy Seeley (seven) and Lindsay Orwat (11) have combined for 18 games of 20-plus points this season.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Wayne State Saturday (February 17) for a crucial GLIAC matchup against the Warriors. Game time is set for 1 p.m.