OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN (EXHIBITION)
SCORE: Michigan Wolverines 97, Northwood Timberwolves 46
RECORDS: Northwood (0-0), Michigan (0-0)
LOCATION: Crisler Center – Ann Arbor, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood falls to Michigan 97-46 in an exhibition game Tuesday night (October 30).
- Michigan came out fast to start the game, scoring the first 12 points of the game.
- Northwood trailed 28-6 before battling back in the final minutes of the quarter, scoring five of the final seven points of the first to make the score 30-11 after one.
- The Wolverines shot a red-hot 70.6 percent from the floor in the first quarter, going 12-17 overall.
- NU finished the opening quarter at 33.3 percent (4-12).
- Michigan's length and athleticism continued to give Northwood trouble in the second quarter.
- UM out-scored Northwood 25-8 in the second to take a 55-19 lead to the locker room.
- Michigan shot 67.7 percent from the floor in the second quarter (9-14), compared to Northwood at 25.0 percent (4-16).
- Northwood was better on both ends of the floor in the third quarter
- The Timberwolves got to the foul line nine times in the frame and put up 12 points, compared to 16 for the Wolverines.
- Michigan held a 71-31 advantage heading to the fourth quarter.
- Northwood went 4-16 from the floor in the third (25.0 percent).
- After shooting over 67 percent in the first half, the Wolverines went 5-13 from the floor in the third (38.5 percent).
- Michigan maintained control in the final period – their 51-point advantage at the end of the game was their biggest of the night.
- The Wolverines went 8-13 from the floor in the fourth, good for 61.5 percent.
- Northwood finished the fourth at 46.2 percent (6-13).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Michigan .596 (34-57), Northwood .316 (18-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Michigan .273 (3-11), Northwood .200 (3-15)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Michigan .650 (26-40), Northwood .467 (7-15)
- REBOUNDS: Michigan 44 (11 offensive), Northwood 25 (Eight offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Michigan 17/10, Northwood 7/21
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Michigan 58, Northwood 28
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Michigan 28, Northwood 4
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Makenzie Todd: Nine points
- Kenzie Seeley: Eight points, four rebounds, two assists
- Sophia DiMilia: Eight points
- Brooke Ditto: Seven points
- The Timberwolves will open the regular season with a game at Findlay November 8. Game time is set for noon.