OVERVIEW – OHIO DOMINICAN
SCORE: Ohio Dominican Panthers 76, Northwood Timberwolves 66
RECORDS: Northwood (1-4), Ohio Dominican (3-3)
LOCATION: Alumni Hall – Columbus, Ohio
RECAP: Women's Basketball sees second half lead fall away in 76-66 loss at Ohio Dominican Tuesday night (November 26).
- Northwood started the game well, opening up a 16-7 lead with less than three minutes remaining in the quarter.
- The Panthers scored the final seven points of the first to make the score 16-14 after one.
- The Timberwolves shot the ball well in the first, going 6-11 from the floor (54.5 percent) and 4-9 from 3-point range (44.4 percent).
- Northwood struggled, however, taking care of the ball, committing 11 turnovers in the opening 10 minutes.
- Ohio Dominican shot 36.4 percent from the floor (4-11) but did make 3-5 from beyond the arc (60.0 percent).
- ODU took the lead at 28-25 with less than five minutes remaining in the quarter when the Timberwolves made a push to end the half.
- NU scored 13 of the final 15 points of to take a 38-30 lead to the locker room.
- The Timberwolves finished the second at 41.2 percent overall (7-17) and 3-6 from 3-point range (50.0 percent).
- The Panthers were 6-17 overall (35.3 percent) and 2-6 from beyond the arc (33.3 percent).
- Northwood appeared to be in control in the third quarter, pushing their lead to as many as 13 (47-34).
- NU's lead was still 11 (49-38) when the Panthers went on the key push of the game.
- ODU scored 15 of the final 17 points of the quarter over the final 4:35 to take a 53-51 lead to the fourth.
- Northwood finished the third 5-13 overall (38.5 percent) and made 1-5 3-pointers.
- Ohio Dominican shot 46.7 percent in the quarter (7-15).
- The Panthers out-scored Northwood 8-2 from the foul line.
- The game was tied 61-61 with under five minutes remaining in the game when ODU made the final run to earn the win.
- NU scored just two points in a four minute stretch that saw game go from being tied to the Panthers leading 71-63.
- The Timberwolves got no closer than six in the final minutes as ODU closed out the win.
- Northwood fell back to 29.4 percent (5-17) in the fourth, while the Panthers were 7-14 (50.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ohio Dominican .421 (24-57), Northwood .397 (23-58)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ohio Dominican .421 (8-19), Northwood .370 (10-27)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ohio Dominican .833 (20-24), Northwood .714 (10-14)
- REBOUNDS: Ohio Dominican 31 (8 offensive), Northwood 40(14 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ohio Dominican 14/18, Northwood 15/28
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Ohio Dominican 26, Northwood 24
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Ohio Dominican 32, Northwood 6
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Ohio Dominican 7, Northwood 7
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Ohio Dominican 12, Northwood 2
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ellie Taylor: 17 points, 7-12 from the floor, 3-6 from 3-point range (first game this season)
- Maizie Taylor: 12 points (all in second half), four rebounds
- The Timberwolves will face Cedarville Wednesday (November 26) in a neutral site contest at Ohio Dominican. Game time is set for 1 p.m.