OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH
SCORE: Michigan Tech Huskies 69, Northwood Timberwolves 46
RECORDS: Northwood (1-8, 0-2 GLIAC), Michigan Tech (3-6, 1-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: SDC Gymnasium – Houghton, Mich.
RECAP: Michigan Tech downs NU women's basketball 69-46 Saturday afternoon (December 7).
- Michigan Tech made a late push in the first quarter to take the lead.
- The Huskies ended up with a 16-10 lead after the opening quarter.
- The Timberwolves finished the first at quarter at 25.0 percent overall (4-16) and from 3-point range 1-4).
- Michigan Tech went 7-17 from the floor (41.2 percent) while missing all three of its attempts from beyond the arc.
- The Huskies pushed their lead to as many as 14 in the second quarter.
- Northwood cut into the advantage in the final minutes, sending the game to the break with the score 32-19.
- Northwood continued to struggle with its shooting, going 4-15 from the floor (26.7 percent) while missing all three of its 3-point attempts and going 1-4 from the foul line.
- MTU went 6-13 from the floor in the second (46.2 percent) while connecting on all four of its free throws.
- Northwood had a number of good looks shooting in the third quarter, but a number easy misses proved costly.
- Michigan Tech got the lead to as many as 21 before taking a 51-32 lead to the fourth quarter.
- NU was 5-17 from the floor in the quarter (29.4 percent) and was just 1-7 from the 3-point line (14.3 percent).
- The Huskies got their field goal percentage up to 8-16 (50.0 percent) in the third.
- Michigan Tech maintained control in the fourth, pushing their advantage to as many as 25
- The Timberwolves got no closer than 17 over the final 5:37 of the game.
- NU ended the final quarter at 38.5 percent (5-13).
- Michigan Tech boosted their shooting 61.5 in the fourth (8-13).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .492 (29-59), Northwood .295 (18-61)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .200 (3-15), Northwood .167 (3-18)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .800 (8-10), Northwood .500 (7-14)
- REBOUNDS: Michigan Tech 39 (Six offensive), Northwood 38 (13 offensive)
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Michigan Tech 42, Northwood 26
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 15, Northwood 14
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Michigan Tech 9, Northwood 10
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will host Saginaw Valley Sunday December 15). Game time is set for 4 p.m.