OVERVIEW – PARKSIDE
SCORE: Parkside Rangers 65, Northwood Timberwolves 55
RECORDS: Northwood (2-10, 0-4 GLIAC), Parkside (6-6, 3-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Parkside uses a fourth quarter run to earn 65-55 win over Northwood women's basketball Thursday night (January 2).
- The Rangers set the tone for the opening quarter, scoring eight of the first 10 points of the game.
- Northwood responded with five straight to make the score 8-7, only to see the WP score 10 of the final 12 points to lead 18-9 after one.
- Parkside was 40.0 percent from the floor (6-15) and from 3-point range (4-10) in the first quarter.
- The Timberwolves finished the opening quarter at 28.6 percent (4-14) and 1-3 from beyond the arc.
- Northwood played much better in the second quarter, using a 14-4 run to take their first lead of the day at 25-24 with a minute remaining in the half.
- The Rangers connected on a 3-pointer on their final possession to regain the lead at the break with the score 27-25.
- Parkside fell back to 23.5 percent in the fourth (4-17) and 1-5 from 3-point range (20.0 percent).
- NU ended the second at 41.7 percent (5-12) from the floor.
- Parkside pushed their lead back to eight (35-27), but the Timberwolves responded eight straight points to tie the score at 35-35.
- WP held a 44-41 edge heading to the fourth quarter.
- The Rangers got hot in the third, going 8-14 from the field (57.1 percent) but did miss all three of their 3-point attempts.
- Northwood ended the third at 42.9 percent (6-14) overall.
- After Northwood tied the score early in the fourth quarter, the Rangers made the key push to earn the win.
- Parkside scored on seven consecutive possessions, which was the key part of a 14-1 run that made the score 58-45.
- Northwood got the lead down to eight with 2:33 remaining but that is as close as the Timberwolves would get.
- WP started the fourth quarter hot and finished at 58.3 percent overall (7-12) while going 6-7 from the foul line (85.7 percent).
- NU was 5-16 overall in the fourth (31.3 percent) and 3-8 from 3-point range (37.5 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Parkside .431 (25-58), Northwood .357 (20-56)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Parkside .286 (6-21), Northwood .316 (6-19)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Parkside .455 (5-11), Northwood .818 (9-11)
- REBOUNDS: Parkside 38 (Nine offensive), Northwood 35 (Eight offensive)
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Parkside 38, Northwood 20
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Parkside 26, Northwood 8
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Parkside 12, Northwood 2
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Adele Kemp: 10 points, six rebounds
- Ellie Taylor: 10 points, five rebounds
- Mackenzie Todd: Nine points
- The Timberwolves will travel to Purdue Northwest Saturday (January 4). Game time is set for 2 p.m. (ET).