OVERVIEW – FERRIS STATE
SCORE: Ferris State Bulldogs 75, Northwood Timberwolves 64
RECORDS: Northwood (2-12, 0-6 GLIAC), Ferris State (9-5, 3-3 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Ferris State uses big second quarter to post 75-64 win over Northwood Thursday night (January 9).
- The Timberwolves got off to a strong start, scoring the first two points of the game and would not trail the remainder of the opening 10 minutes.
- NU led by as many as eight before taking a 19-13 lead after one.
- Northwood was 6-13 overall in the quarter from the floor (46.2 percent) while going 4-8 from 3-point range (50.0 percent).
- Ferris State shot 50.0 percent in the frame (5-10).
- Northwood's offensive struggles in the second quarter led FSU to controlling the quarter.
- FSU out-scored Northwood 20-6 in the second, taking a 33-25 lead to the locker room.
- NU made their final shot of the quarter to finish the second at 2-18 overall (11.1 percent). Northwood was 0-8 from inside the arc and 2-10 from beyond the arc.
- The Bulldogs went 7-18 from the floor (38.9 percent) but did go 2-4 from 3-point range and 4-4 from the foul line.
- Northwood scored the first basket of the second half to cut the lead to six, but that proved to be as close as the Timberwolves would get in the quarter.
- Ferris State got the lead to as many as 14 before taking a 58-46 lead to the fourth.
- FSU had a big quarter shooting in the third, going 8-15 overall (53.3 percent), 2-4 from beyond the arc (50.0 percent) and 7-10 from the foul line (70.0 percent).
- Northwood had a bounce-back quarter offensively, shooting 9-19 overall (47.4 percent) and 3-7 from 3-point range (42.9 percent).
- Northwood got the lead down to nine on two different occasions, but got no closer in the fourth.
- FSU's biggest lead of the game was 17 before winning by 11.
- Ferris State shot 33.3 percent in the fourth from both the floor (5-15) and 3-point range (2-6).
- Northwood ended the final quarter at 50.0 percent (6-12) overall and 2-5 from beyond the arc.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .431 (25-58), Northwood .371 (23-62)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .400 (6-15), Northwood .355 (11-31)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .760 (19-25), Northwood .583 (7-12)
- REBOUNDS: Ferris State 43 (14 offensive), Northwood 35 (13 offensive)
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Ferris State 32, Northwood 20
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Ferris State 13, Northwood 21
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Ferris State 8, Northwood 3
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will host Lake Superior State Saturday (January 11). Game time is set for 1 p.m.