OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 62, Michigan Tech 50
RECORDS: Northwood (5-15, 3-9 GLIAC), Michigan Tech (7-12, 5-7 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood women's basketball leads throughout in 62-50 win over Michigan Tech Thursday night (January 30).
- The Timberwolves scored the first two points of the game and never allowed the Huskies to lead.
- Northwood took their biggest lead of the opening quarter on their final possession, going up 16-6 after one.
- Northwood 6-17 from the floor in the quarter (35.3 percent) while making two free throws and 3-pointers.
- Michigan Tech ended at 23.1 percent (3-13) overall.
- MTU had six turnovers in the quarter to zero for Northwood.
- The margin between the two team stayed between five and 10 points the entire second quarter.
- Northwood finished the half with a 31-22 lead.
- Both teams improved in the second quarter shooting – NU was 5-12 from the floor (41.7 percent) but made 3-6 from 3-point range.
- Michigan Tech jumped up to 50.0 percent (7-14) overall and 2-3 from 3-point range.
- Northwood pushed the lead to 13 early in the third quarter.
- The Huskies got back within seven at one point, but the Timberwolves responded late to take their biggest lead of the day at 52-37 lead at the end of the third.
- Michigan Tech shot it well in the third overall (6-12) but was just 1-6 from 3-point range (16.7 percent)
- Northwood was 8-19 from the floor in the quarter (42.1 percent) and 2-6 from 3-point range.
- NU had four more offensive rebounds (5-1) and three fewer turnovers (6-3) in the quarter.
- Michigan Tech stayed within striking distance of the Timberwolves in the fourth but got no closer than eight points.
- Northwood kept the lead above nine over the final 5:22 of the game.
- Neither team shot well in the fourth – MTU went 4-14 from the floor (28.6 percent) while missing all three 3-point attempts.
- Northwood ended the fourth 2-10 overall (20.0 percent) while going 1-6 from the 3-point line (16.7 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .377 (20-53), Northwood .362 (21-58)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .214 (3-14), Northwood .320 (8-25)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .875 (7-8), Northwood .750 (12-16)
- REBOUNDS: Michigan Tech 35 (Seven offensive), Northwood 37 (10 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 11/14, Northwood 11/12
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Michigan Tech 28, Northwood 22
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 9, Northwood 14
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Michigan Tech 6, Northwood 9
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Michigan Tech 6, Northwood 11
- BENCH POINTS: Michigan Tech 26, Northwood 24
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ellie Taylor: 14 points, eight rebounds
- Alli Keyser: 12 points, six steals
- Makenzie Todd: 13 points
- Kenzie Seeley: 10 points, five rebounds, four assists
- Jaylan Strickland: Six points, 10 rebounds.
- The Timberwolves will host Northern Michigan Saturday (February 1). Game time is set for 1 p.m.