OVERVIEW – DAVENPORT
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 99, Davenport Panthers 67
RECORDS: Northwood (1-0, 1-0 GLIAC), Davenport (1-0, 1-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood rides record-breaking third quarter and career day from sophomore Adele Kemp to earn a 99-67 win over Davenport Friday night (January 8).
- Northwood got off to a fast start, scoring the first eight points of the game in the opening three minutes.
- Davenport chipped away at the lead, out-scoring the Timberwolves 11-7 the remainder of the quarter to make the score 15-11 after one.
- NU fell back to 29.4 percent from the floor in the quarter (5-17) while going 1-3 from 3-point range and 4-4 from the foul line.
- DU finished at 5-14 overall (35.7 percent) and 1-4 from beyond the arc.
- Davenport took their first lead of the day at 22-21 midway through the second quarter.
- The Panthers led 27-26 with less than two minutes to go in the half when Northwood took control of the game.
- NU scored the final eight points of the half in just 1:23 to take a 34-27 lead to the break.
- The Timberwolves ended the third quarter shooting 43.8 percent (7-16) overall while connecting on 3-4 3-pointers.
- Davenport shot 37.5 percent in the quarter (6-16) while going 2-6 from 3-point range.
- Northwood's offense exploded in the third quarter with a record-breaking performance.
- Going back to the end of the second quarter, the Timberwolves out-scored DU 34-6 in a span of just over seven minutes of game time.
- That spurt gave the Timberwolves a 60-33 lead.
- NU's offensive stats in the quarter were impressive, going 15-24 overall (62.5 points) while making 4-8 from 3-point range (50.0 percent).
- The Timberwolves had 10 assists and zero turnovers in the quarter.
- Davenport finished the third 5-15 overall (33.3 percent) and 1-7 from 3-point range (14.3 percent).
- Northwood maintained control in the fourth, pushing their advantage to as many as 34 (82-48).
- The Panthers got no closer than 27 the remainder of the game.
- Both teams had strong fourth quarters offensively. Northwood finished with 28 points thanks to shooting 52.6 percent overall (10-19) and 5-9 from 3-point range (55.6 percent).
- Davenport scored 24 in the fourth, making 7-15 from the floor (46.7 percent) overall and 3-6 from beyond the arc.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Davenport .383 (23-60), Northwood .487 (37-76)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Davenport .304 (7-23), Northwood .542 (13-24)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Davenport .636 (14-22), Northwood .857 (12-14)
- REBOUNDS: Davenport 40 (11 offensive), Northwood 40 (11 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Davenport 13/19, Northwood 25/9
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Davenport 24, Northwood 44
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Davenport 5, Northwood 25
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Davenport 10, Northwood 9
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Davenport 2, Northwood 13
- BENCH POINTS: Davenport 16, Northwood 40
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Adele Kemp: 28 points (career-high), 10-13 from the floor, 5-6 from 3-point range, 3-3 from the foul line, three assists
- Brooke Ditto/Alli Keyser: 12 points each
- Maizie Taylor/Kenzie Seeley: 8/7 assists, respectively
- Northwood's 37 points in the third quarter are the most in any quarter in school history.
- Despite making just one 3-pointer in the first quarter, Northwood finished the contest one away from the school record for triples made in a game. NU has made 14 two times.
- The Timberwolves will finish their weekend series with Davenport Saturday (January 9). Game time is set for 3 p.m.