OVERVIEW – DAVENPORT
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 87, Davenport Panthers 58
RECORDS: Northwood (2-0, 2-0 GLIAC), Davenport (2-0, 2-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood uses dominant opening quarter in easy 87-58 win over Davenport Saturday (January 9).
- The opening quarter saw Northwood put on a dominating performance to take complete control
- NU scored the opening 24 points of the game and held the Panthers off the board in the opening 8:10 of the game.
- The Timberwolves eventually finished the quarter with a 31-2 lead.
- Both teams had 15 field goal attempts in the quarter – Northwood went 12-15 overall (80.0 percent) while DU missed all 12 of their attempts.
- Davenport scored both their points on free throws.
- Davenport was much better in the second quarter, eventually out-scoring Northwood 26-16.
- The Panthers got within 17 points at 40-23.
- NU eventually took a 47-28 lead to the locker room.
- The Timberwolves ended the third quarter shooting 43.8 percent (7-16) overall while connecting on 3-4 3-pointers.
- Davenport improved to 8-14 overall in the second (57.1 percent) while making 9-12 from the foul line (75.0 percent).
- The Panthers edged within 16 (47-31) early in the third quarter before the Timberwolves got back on track.
- Northwood out-scored DU 21-11 over the remainder of the quarter to take a 68-42 to the final frame.
- NU was 6-15 from the floor overall (40.0 percent) and 3-6 from 3-point range. The Timberwolves also was 6-7 from the foul line (85.7 percent).
- The Timberwolves had 10 assists and zero turnovers in the quarter.
- Davenport finished the third 5-14 overall (35.7 percent) and 2-5 from 3-point range (40.0 percent).
- Northwood maintained control in the fourth, allowed Davenport to get no closer than 19 points.
- The Timberwolves' matched their biggest lead of the day with their 29-point final margin.
- Northwood had another strong shooting quarter in the fourth, shooting 57.1 percent (8-14).
- Davenport ended the final quarter at 46.7 percent (7-15).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Davenport .345 (20-58), Northwood .561 (32-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Davenport .304 (7-23), Northwood .542 (13-24)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Davenport .778 (14-18), Northwood .565 (13-23)
- REBOUNDS: Davenport 28 (7 offensive), Northwood 43 (9 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Davenport 6/14, Northwood 14/16
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Davenport 26, Northwood 38
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Davenport 15, Northwood 14
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Davenport 8, Northwood 7
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Davenport 6, Northwood 16
- BENCH POINTS: Davenport 11, Northwood 36
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Makenzie Todd: 23 points, 8-11 from the floor, 4-6 from 3-point range, 3-3 from the foul line
- Adele Kemp: 20 points, 8-9 from the floor, 4-5 from 3-point range
- Brooke Ditto: 13 points, nine rebounds
- Ellie Taylor: 10 points
- Kemp finished the opening weekend averaging 24.0 points per game while shooting 81.8 percent from the floor (18-22) and 3-point range (9-11)
- The Timberwolves will travel to Michigan Tech Friday (January 8). Game time is set for 5:30 p.m.