OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 64, Purdue Northwest Pride 57
RECORDS: Northwood (5-3, 5-3 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (2-6, 2-6 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Midland, Mich. – Riepma Arena
RECAP: Women's Basketball never trails in 64-57 victory over Purdue Northwest Friday night (January 29).
- The Timberwolves got off to a good start in the game, scoring seven of the first nine points.
- NU then finished the first on a 10-2 push to go up 17-6 after 10 minutes of play.
- Northwood had a strong shooting opening quarter, going 7-14 overall (50.0 percent) and 3-7 from 3-point range (42.9 percent).
- Purdue Northwest struggled from the floor in the first, making three of 11 attempts (27.3 percent).
- PNW got the lead down to 21-15 with under five minutes remaining in the half, but NU made a run to get the lead back to double figures at the break.
- The Timberwolves scored nine of the next 11 points to go up by 13 before settling for a 30-19 lead at the break.
- Northwood fell back to 30.8 percent in the second, making 4-13 overall. The Timberwolves were 1-3 from 3-point range (33.3 percent) while making all four of their free throw attempts.
- The Pride attempted only eight field goal attempt in the second, but connected on 50 percent of them (4-8). PNW did go 5-6 from the foul line in the quarter (83.3 percent).
- NU got the lead to 16 twice in the third quarter before the Pride fought back.
- A 15-4 run cut the Timberwolves lead down to 45-40 with 2:47 remaining.
- The Northwood lead of 49-45 heading to the fourth was the smallest margin in the game since the score was 7-4 early on.
- Purdue Northwest had their best shooting quarter of the night in the third, going 9-13 overall (69.2 percent) and 7-8 from the foul line (87.5 percent).
- Northwood was 4-13 overall (30.8 percent) and 2-10 from 3-point range (20.0 percent). NU did go 9-9 from the foul line in the third.
- NU responded to the push from the Pride early in the fourth, scoring the first seven points to go up 56-45.
- Northwood eventually led 62-49 with under two minutes remaining when PNW made one final surge, scoring eight straight points to get within five at 62-57 with 34 seconds remaining.
- That was as close as the Pride would get, however, as Northwood made a pair of free throws to close out the win.
- The Timberwolves shot 38.5 percent in the final quarter (5-13) overall. NU continued their strong night at the foul line, making all four of their free throws in the fourth.
- Purdue Northwest went 5-14 overall (35.7 percent) in the fourth but did go 2-4 from 3-point range (50.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .457 (21-46), Northwood .377 (20-53)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .250 (3-12), Northwood .292 (7-24)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .750 (12-16), Northwood .944 (17-18)
- REBOUNDS: Purdue Northwest 28 (Five offensive), Northwood 34 (11 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 12/19, Northwood 11/16
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Purdue Northwest 34, Northwood 24
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 14, Northwood 16
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Purdue Northwest 2, Northwood 11
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Purdue Northwest 11, Northwood 11
- BENCH POINTS: Purdue Northwest 14, Northwood 32
- After missing their only free throw attempt in the first quarter, Northwood connected on their final 17 tries over the final three quarters.
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Makenzie Todd: 18 points, 4-8 from 3-point range, 4-4 from the foul line
- Brooke Ditto: 12 points, eight rebounds
- Kenzie Seeley: 10 points, six assists, 4-5 from the floor
- Jayla Strickland: Eight points, eight rebounds, five blocks, two steals
- The Timberwolves and the Pride will finish their weekend series Saturday (January 30). Game time has been moved up from the original schedule – tip will now take place at 2 p.m.