OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 76, Purdue Northwest Pride 57
RECORDS: Northwood (6-3, 6-3 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (2-7, 2-7 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Midland, Mich. – Riepma Arena
RECAP: Women's Basketball rides dominating opening half to finish weekend sweep of Purdue Northwest 76-57 Saturday afternoon (January 30).
- The Timberwolves set the tone for the day right away, scoring the opening eight points of the game.
- Northwood eventually scored 11 of the first 13 points before eventually leading 23-6 after one.
- Northwood went 8-14 from the floor (57.1 percent) in the quarter while making 4-8 from 3-point range (50.0 percent) and 3-4 from the foul line (75.0 percent).
- Purdue Northwest was 3-10 from the floor (30.0 percent) and missed both of their free throw attempts.
- Northwood maintained control in the second, leading by at least 14 throughout.
- The advantage got above 20 for the first time at the 5:34 mark and got as high as 31 before the Timberwolves led 46-17 at halftime.
- NU's field goal percentage fell back to 35.3 percent in the second (6-17). Northwood up for it by going 9-10 from the foul line (90.0 percent).
- The Pride ended the second at 41.7 percent (5-12) while making 1-5 from beyond the 3-point line (20.0 percent).
- Northwood enjoyed their biggest advantage of the day at the 2:52 mark of the third quarter, leading 68-30.
- PNW started to play better at that point, eventually cutting the lead to 68-40 at the end of three quarters.
- The Timberwolves went 8-20 from the floor in the third (40.0 percent) but connected on 5-9 from 3-point range (55.6 percent).
- Purdue Northwest used the free throw line to their advantage in the third. The Pride was 6-17 from the floor (35.3 percent) but made all 10 of their free throw attempts in the quarter.
- Northwood got the lead back to 30 early in the fourth quarter at 70-40.
- The Pride chipped away at the lead the remainder of the game – the final margin of 19 was as close as PNW had been since midway through the second quarter.
- With the game well at hand, the Northwood offense struggled in the fourth, going 0-8 from the floor and 0-4 from the 3-point line. Northwood scored all eight of their points from the foul line, going 8-10 in the final 10 minutes (80.0 percent).
- Purdue Northwest shot 30.0 percent in the fourth, making 6-20 attempts.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .339 (20-59), Northwood .373 (22-59)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .190 (4-21), Northwood .393 (11-28)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest 1.000 (13-13), Northwood .808 (21-26)
- REBOUNDS: Purdue Northwest 40 (Nine offensive), Northwood 39 (Nine offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 10/18, Northwood 16/10
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Purdue Northwest 30, Northwood 18
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 11, Northwood 20
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Purdue Northwest 8, Northwood 5
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Purdue Northwest 10, Northwood 9
- BENCH POINTS: Purdue Northwest 35, Northwood 39
- Northwood did not trail in either game in the weekend series and led for a total of 77:23 of 80 minutes (37:39 on Friday, 39:44 on Saturday). The two games were tied for a total of 2:37.
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Alli Keyser: 18 points, 6-9 from the floor, 3-5 from 3-point range
- Makenzie Todd: 11 points
- Maizie Taylor: 10 points, three assists, five steals
- Jayla Strickland: Nine points, 11 rebounds, two blocks
- The Timberwolves will host Northern Michigan for a pair starting Friday (February 6). Game time is set for 6 p.m.