OVERVIEW – NORTHERN MICHIGAN
SCORE: Northern Michigan Wildcats 55, Northwood Timberwolves 53
RECORDS: Northwood (7-4, 7-4 GLIAC), Northern Michigan (7-4, 7-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Midland, Mich. – Riepma Arena
RECAP: Women's Basketball drops hard-fought 55-53 contest to Northern Michigan Saturday afternoon (February 6)
- The Timberwolves scored the first five points of the game, only to see Northern Michigan score seven of the next nine points.
- NMU led 11-7 before the Timberwolves scored seven of the final nine points to allow NU to lead 14-13 after one.
- Northwood ended the first quarter shooting 40.0 percent (6-15) overall and 2-7 from 3-point range (28.6 percent).
- Northern Michigan ended at 42.9 percent (6-14) and 20.0 percent from 3-point range.
- Northwood pushed their lead to six on two separate occasions in the second, which was the biggest lead the quarter.
- The Timberwolves eventually led 28-27 at the break.
- NU was 4-17 from the floor in the second (23.5 percent) and 1-5 from 3-point range (20.0 percent).
- NMU was 5-13 overall (38.5 percent) and 3-5 from 3-point range (60.0 percent)
- The Wildcats took the lead at 34-33 and led the remainder of the quarter.
- NMU led by seven on two separate occasions before an Adele Kemp 3-pointer at the buzzer made the Wildcat lead 42-38 at the end of three.
- Even with the last-second 3-pointer by Kemp, Northwood was just 3-16 from the floor (18.8 percent) in the third quarter.
- Northern Michigan was 6-15 overall (40.0 percent) and 2-4 from 3-point range (50.0 percent).
- Northwood fought back to take the lead 44-42 and was up 45-44 when Northern Michigan made the key run to earn the win.
- The Wildcats scored 11 of the next 16 points to lead 55-50.
- A last second 3-pointer by Northwood made the final 55-53.
- Northwood picked up their shooting in the fourth, going 6-14 overall (42.9 percent). NU was 1-3 from 3-point range (33.3 percent).
- NMU went 5-11 from the floor (45.5 percent) and made their only 3-point attempt.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Northern Michigan .415 (22-53), Northwood .306 (19-62)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Northern Michigan .467 (7-15), Northwood .263 (5-19)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Northern Michigan .667 (4-6), Northwood .556 (10-18)
- REBOUNDS: Northern Michigan 39 (Four offensive), Northwood 39 (11 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northern Michigan 14/12, 9/8
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Northern Michigan 20, Northwood 26
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Northern Michigan 11, Northwood 11
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Northern Michigan 3, Northwood 7
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Northern Michigan 4, Northwood 2
- BENCH POINTS: Northern Michigan 28, Northwood 13
- TIES/LEAD CHANGES: 5/9
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Alana Nelson: 16 points, 10 rebounds – First career double-double
- Kenzie Seeley: 11 points, four assists
- Adele Kemp: Six points, nine rebounds
- The Timberwolves will travel to Lake Superior State Friday (February 12). Game time is set for 6 p.m.