OVERVIEW – LAKE SUPERIOR STATE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 80, Lake Superior State Lakers 61
RECORDS: Northwood (8-4, 8-4 GLIAC), Lake Superior State (1-11, 1-11 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Bud Cooper Gymnasium – Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.
RECAP: Women's Basketball controls the final three quarters in an 80-61 win at Lake Superior State Friday night (February 12).
- Northwood got off to a fast start in the game, scoring 10 of the first 12 points in the opening 4:36.
- The Timberwolves got the lead to 13-4 before the Lakers finished the quarter on a run.
- LSSU went on a 13-2 push to take a 17-15 lead at the end of one.
- After their fast start, Northwood fell back to 31.6 percent overall in the quarter (6-19). The Timberwolves were 3-7 from 3-point range (42.9 percent)
- The Lakers were 5-15 from the floor in the quarter (33.3 percent) and 3-8 from the 3-point line (37.5 percent). LSSU made all four of their free throw attempts.
- Lake Superior State's final lead of the night came with the score 19-17.
- Northwood led 28-25 with under five minutes remaining in the half when NU took over.
- The Timberwolves scored nine of the final 12 points to take a 37-28 lead to the locker room.
- NU picked up their offense in the 22-point second period, going 9-17 overall (52.9 percent).
- LSSU was 5-15 in the second quarter (33.3 percent) while missing all six of their 3-point attempts.
- Northwood got the lead to double-figures early in the third quarter, going up 41-28.
- NU continued to control the game, pushing the lead to as many as 21 in the quarter before taking a 65-49 lead to the fourth quarter.
- The Timberwolves had a strong shooting quarter in the third, going 12-19 overall (63.2 percent) and 4-7 from 3-point range (57.1 percent).
- Lake Superior State also had a good shooting quarter, going 8-15 overall (53.3 percent). The Lakers were 2-4 from 3-point range (50.0 percent) and 3-4 from the foul line (75.0 percent).
- LSSU cut the lead to 13 early in the fourth quarter, but that is as close as they would get.
- The lead stayed between 13 and 19 the remainder of the game.
- Northwood fell back to 35.3 percent overall in the fourth quarter (6-17) but did go 3-5 from 3-point range (60.0 percent).
- LSSU ended the fourth at 40.0 percent (4-10) while going 2-3 from 3-point range.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Lake Superior State .393 (22-56), Northwood .458 (33-72)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Lake Superior State .333 (7-21), Northwood .440 (11-25)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Lake Superior State .667 (10-15), Northwood .500 (3-6)
- REBOUNDS: Lake Superior State 32 (Seven offensive), Northwood 37 (11 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Lake Superior State 16/18, Northwood 18/11
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Lake Superior State 30, Northwood 40
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Lake Superior State 13, Northwood 9
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Lake Superior State 13, Northwood 13
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Lake Superior State 4, Northwood 14
- BENCH POINTS: Lake Superior State 26, Northwood 18
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Makenzie Todd: 17 points (14 in the second half), 5-9 from 3-point range
- Alli Keyser: 16 points, seven rebounds, two steals
- Jayla Strickland: 13 points, six rebounds, 6-7 from the floor, two blocks
- Alana Nelson: 12 points, nine rebounds
- Kenzie Seeley: 10 points, four assists
- The Timberwolves will finish their weekend series with Lake Superior State Saturday (February 13). Game time is set for 3 p.m.