OVERVIEW – Michigan Tech Universsity
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 2, Michigan Tech Huskies 1
RECORDS: Northwood 2-5 (1-1 GLIAC), Michigan Tech 4-3-1 (0-2 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Sherman Field – Houghton, Mich.
- Michigan Tech was the first to create chances as the hosts tallied earned three corner kicks and tallied a pair of shots in the first eight minutes.
- The Timberwolves then began to create more offensive chances and in the 13th minute a saved Ashton Brooks shot found the feet of Karina Parker who buried home the rebound to give the guests a 1-0 lead.
- Northwood would hold on to that lead heading into the break as goalkeeper Bridget Adams tallied six saves in the opening frame.
- The Huskies would answer seven minutes into the second half. After a bevy of offensive chances, a corner kick by Brooke Schauer would find Grace Shaw who leveled the game at 1-1.
- The hosts would continue the pressure tallying seven more shots in the next ten minutes, but it would be the Timberwolves who found the next goal as a shot by Brooks in the 66th minute found the top right corner.
- The guests would hold for the remainder of the half and the match would end 2-1 in favor of the Timberwolves.
- Shots: Northwood 8, MTU 26
- Saves: Northwood 13 (Bridget Adams), MTU 4 (Amanda Young)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 0, MTU 14
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Brooks: One goal, One assist, Four shots
- Parker: One goal
- Adams' 13 saves were one shy of equaling the school record for saves in a single match.
- Northwood will return to action at home on Friday (September 28th) for a rivalry match against Saginaw Valley. The Cardinals are 6-1-1 (2-0 GLIAC) and kickoff is scheduled for 2:00 pm.