SCORE: Davenport Panthers 2, Northwood Timberwolves 1
RECORDS: Davenport (6-7. 4-3 GLIAC), Northwood (2-11-1, 1-5-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood fails to capitalize, falls to Davenport in overtime (October 21).
INSIDE THE GAME
- Northwood came within inches of setting the tone early multiple times. In the sixth minute, from the left side just outside the area, Ashton Brooks picked up loose balls and fired two strikes in the span of a minute that nearly found the back of the net. DU keeper Macie DeWyse saved one while the other hit the post. The game remained scoreless at halftime.
- The Timberwolves finally broke the scoreless tie in the 61st minute. On an NU cross from the right side, Isabel Anderson was able to time her leap in the area and deflected the pass with her head to the left side where Jillian Hon was waiting. With an open net, she buried a strike to give Northwood a 1-0 lead.
- Davenport drew even in the 74th minute. At midfield, a loose ball came to the Panthers forward who sprinted in for a breakaway. Moving to her left inside the area, she was able to chip a shot to the right corner of the net to tie the match 1-1 and force overtime.
- DU were able to finish the comeback in overtime. In the 99th minute, similar to their first goal, a loose ball from midfield came to the Panthers forward. Sprinting past the Northwood defender, she cut to her right inside the area and fired a shot that found the twine on the far side.
- SHOTS: Davenport 16, Northwood 20
- SAVES: Davenport 9, Northwood 6
- CORNER KICKS: Davenport 2, Northwood 7
- FOULS: Davenport 10, Northwood 12
- Jillian Hon scored her second goal of the season, joining three other Timberwolves with multiple markers in 2018.
- The Timberwolves will host Grand Valley State Sunday for a matchup against the Lakers (Oct. 21). Game time is set for 2 p.m.