OVERVIEW - #14 FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY
SCORE: Ferris State Bulldogs 2, Northwood Timberwolves 0
RECORDS: Ferris State (14-2-2. 6-1-2 GLIAC), Northwood (2-13-1, 1-7-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood drops 2-1 decision to Ferris State in season finale (October 26).
INSIDE THE GAME
- Ferris State opened the scoring early in the first. In the 12th minute, the Bulldogs' midfielder picked up a loose ball at the left sideline and moved into the right side of the area. Sending a cross through the box, her teammate was able to bury a first-time strike to give FS a 1-0 edge.
- The Bulldogs extended their lead in the 59th minute. Picking up a loose ball on a Northwood turnover at midfield, FS sent a through ball into NU territory. The setup deflected off of a defender right to the Ferris State forward, and she promptly buried a strike from the top of the box to make it 2-0. The score would hold from there as the Bulldogs cruised to a victory.
- SHOTS: Ferris State 15, Northwood 7
- SAVES: Ferris State 3, Northwood 6
- CORNER KICKS: Ferris State 2, Northwood 2
- FOULS: Ferris State 8, Northwood 14
- Ferris has take seven of the last eight matchups (one tie) in the series history dating back to 2013.
- Keeper Bridget Adams allowed two or less goals in 11 matches this season.
- The Timberwolves have concluded their season.