SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 7, Michigan Tech Huskies 0
RECORDS: Northwood (4-0, 4-0 GLIAC), Michigan Tech (3-1, 3-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Midland, Mich. – Greater Midland Tennis Center
RECAP: In a matchup of unbeaten teams, Northwood earns a 7-0 win over Michigan Tech Sunday (September 30).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood set the tone for the day with strong play in doubles, winning all three matches. NU dropped a total of just six games in three sets in earning the 1-0 lead.
- NU kept the momentum going into singles, where the Timberwolves took all six matches. NU dropped just one set while taking all of the matchups.
- Tetyana Pavych, Carol Arnez-Mercado, Kate Berestovenko, Elizaveta Velichko, Iryna Trystan, Vasilisa Mikhaylova: 2-0 on the day
- Northwood has won all four of its team matches by the score of 7-0. Overall, in the four matches contested, the Timberwolves are 12-0 in doubles and 24-0 in singles.
- NU has now won 48 out of 49 sets won in singles this season.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Ashland Saturday (October 6). First serve is set for 10 a.m.