OVERVIEW – FERRIS STATE (GLIAC TOURNAMENT QUARTERFINALS)
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 4, Ferris State Bulldogs 0
RECORDS: Northwood (5-5), Ferris State (6-4)
LOCATION: Midland, Mich. – Greater Midland Tennis Center.
RECAP: Fifth-seeded Northwood defeats No. 4 Ferris State 4-0 in the quarterfinals of the GLIAC Tournament Friday night (October 25).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Both teams earned quick wins in doubles to open the match, with the teams splitting a pair of 6-2 wins at the top two slots. Northwood earned the doubles point thanks to a 7-5 win at the No. 3 position.
- The Timberwolves kept the momentum going into singles, winning straight sets at each of the top three positions to close out the sweep.
- The remaining matches were suspended once the team result was officially decided.
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves lost to Ferris State in the regular season, falling 4-3 in Big Rapids September 15.
- The Timberwolves will face top-seeded Wayne State in the GLIAC Tournament Semifinals Saturday (October 26) at 3:45 p.m.