OVERVIEW – TIFFIN ALUMNI OPEN
MEET: Tiffin Alumni Open
LOCATION: Heminger Center – Tiffin, Ohio
RECAP: Mason Phillips's NCAA provisional qualifying mark gives Northwood a strong start to the early indoor track and field season at Tiffin Saturday (December 1).
INSIDE THE MEET
- Sophomore Mason Phillips got his season off to a fast start, clocking an NCAA provisional qualifying mark in the 60 meter dash in his season debut. Phillips ran 6.80 in the prelims and 6.79 in the semifinals before clocking 6.76 seconds in the finals to win the event in dominating fashion.
- His mark ties the school record of 6.76 seconds set by Matt Jackson (2000) and Will Fulton (2009). It is also a new personal best after running 6.84 last season at the GLIAC Indoor Championships and just shy of the 6.72 NCAA automatic qualifying mark.
- On the women's side, freshman Debra Wallace had a strong collegiate debut in the 60 meter dash, posting a time of 7.80 seconds in the semifinal and 7.89 in the preliminary rounds. She then earned a fourth-place finish with a time of 7.81 seconds in the 60 dash finals.
- Wallace's time is also the fourth-best performance in school history in the event.
- The full indoor track and field team will head to Saginaw Valley Friday (December 8) for the SVSU Holiday Open. The meet is scheduled to start at 4 p.m.
60 METER DASH
1. Mason Phillips 6.76 (6.80q prelim, 6.79q semifinal) (NCAA 'P')
Nick Morrison 7.19 (7.20q prelim)
60 METER HURDLES
JaiVen Holmes-Powell 9.37
Max Lerchen NH
60 METER DASH
4. Debra Wallace 7.81 (7.80q semi-final, 7.89 prelim)
Anneliese Hummel 8.29 (8.33 prelim)
Heaven Powell 1.57m (5 feet-1.75 inches)
Isabel Anderson 1.52 (4 feet-11.75 inches)