RALEIGH RELAYS / BELLARMINE INVITATIONAL – DAY 2
MEET: Raleigh Relays
LOCATION: Paul Derr Track – Raleigh, NC
INSIDE THE MEET
- Freshman Netunji Paige ran the tenth-fastest time in program history in the 800 meters, clocking in at 1:54.96.
MEET: Bellarmine Invitational
LOCATION: Owsley B. Frazier Stadium – Louisville, KY
INSIDE THE MEET – MEN'S T&F
- Senior Rami Gharsalli claimed a win in the 110 meter hurdles in 14.39 seconds in a NCAA provisional qualifying time. His time ranks him eighth on the early Division II qualifying list. He also finished third in the first race of his college career at 200 meters, crossing the line in 22.26 seconds.
- Sophomore Mason Phillips earned a pair of individual event wins in the 100 and 200 meter dashes with times of 10.62 and 21.39 seconds respectively. Phillips was just shy of hitting the NCAA provisional standard in each of those events in his outdoor season opener (10.58 and 21.36 seconds). He picked up his third win of the day as a member of the 4x400 meter relay.
- Junior Christopher Bent placed second in the 100 with a time of 10.89 seconds and fourth at 200 meters in 22.36 seconds.
- Freshman Andrew Davis ran the 200 meters in 22.11 seconds for a runner-up honors, and placed fifth in the 100 meters with a time of 10.95 seconds.
- The quartet of Davis, Bent, Phillips, and JaiVen Holmes-Powell won the 4x400 relay with a season best of 3:19.65.
- Sophomore Hunter Berecz placed sixth in shot put with a personal best mark of 14.84 meters (48 feet-8.25 inches) to improve upon his mark as the sixth-best shot putter in NU history.
- Nathan Powers placed ninth in shot put with a distance of 14.26 meters (46 feet-9.5 inches) for a seasonal best. He also earned a collegiate best in the discus throw on a toss going 39.17 meters (128 feet-6 inches).
- In the discus throw, freshman Travis Schepers posted a new collegiate best in the discus to finish seventh in competition. His top throw of the day went 43.46 meters (142 feet-7 inches) to moved him into eighth on NU's all-time list.
INSIDE THE MEET – WOMEN'S T&F
- Senior Jetaeia Lewis claimed a win in the 100 meter dash, clocking in at 12.28 seconds. Freshman Anneliese Hummel ran 13.14 seconds to crack NU's top ten list in the event.
- In the high jump, senior Heaven Powell placed fourth with her top clearance of the day being 1.60 meters (5 feet-3 inches). Freshman Isabel Anderson cleared 1.50 meters (4 feet-11 inches) to place seventh and move into fifth all-time in program history.
- Sophomore Jessica Kursinsky placed sixth in the shot put on a throw of 12.01 meters (39 feet-5 inches).
- Sophomore Jessica Marvin placed seventh in shot put. Her second throw of the day went 11.73 meters (38 feet-6 inches) for an outdoor collegiate best as she improved on her mark as the fifth best shot putter in program history. She also threw the discus 38.02 meters (124 feet-9 inches) for a fifth place finish.
- Senior Riley Johnson placed fourth in javelin on her third throw of the day going 32.98 meters (108 feet-2 inches). She also finished eighth in discus with a season best throw of 36.27 meters (119 feet).
UP NEXT: The Gibson Invitational in Terre Haute, Indiana Friday-Saturday (April 5-6).